Kasirer's Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Those who know me know that I like to wear shirts that promote the countries of various soccer and hockey teams. Yesterday I naturally put on my Finland 2002 Olympic Hockey team shirt and a pair of jeans. Nothing came out of this till the evening when I went for some frozen yogurt with my sister.

Upon leaving, a man outside the store asks me, "Are you from Finland?"

I reply, "I wish."

"Well, it's a beautiful country," he said.

"I haven't been."

"I played basketball there."

Using my sports knowledge, I said, "They are much better at hockey than basketball."

This man then said, "Finland is the most beautiful country in the world, but Italy is the best at basketball."

Very confused, Kasirer replied, "USA is the best." This is something I never really say in anything, cuz I dislike the US an all fronts besides for their national soccer team.

Realising that this man may have been insane I then got into the car with my sister who had been there for over 30 seconds. She asked me why I always talk to such wierdos and then informed me that the man was homeless.

Moral of the story.... I'm still wearing the Finland shirt over 18 hours later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home