Kasirer's Blog

Friday, July 22, 2005

In honor of Tiger's British Open victory, I played a little Tiger Woods 2005 today. It was the first time I had gamed since early June and boy did it feel good. I played two rounds and did incredibly well in both cases. First, I shot a 63 at Sherwood without even warming up. Then I coasted to a 4 & 3 match play victory over Stuart Appleby at the Old Course at St. Andrews. Both rounds are much better than I can come to close to in real life, as my best all time round was an 86, and I usually shoot in the low 90's.

This brings me to my point of the day. Why I love gaming so much.
With video games you can really accomplish anything in the world. If you like shooting games like Grand Theft Auto, you can murder people with chainsaws, shoot the police with bazookas , and perform illicit acts with prostitutes. In sports games, you can also achieve your dreams. One can play at St. Andrews and Pebble Beach. You can make the PENN Quakers a perennial power in College Basketball. You can make a Dodger team have Albert Pujols, Vlad Guerrero, and Richie Sexson all at the same time. Another possibility is managing a lowly football team from the First Division like Nottingham Forest, and winning promotion to the English Premiership. The reason I have such good examples, is because I accomplished everyone of these feets in the past year of gaming. And that is why I love gaming so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home