Kasirer's Blog

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Delta Airlines and me just never get along when it comes to domestic flights. Today they cancelled my LAX to JFK flight ruining what was to be a perfect weekend of steak eating, seeing old friends and family, and watching los dojers at Shea. Maybe I would have even gone on a long walk with Cheddar Ted. But it was not to be as Delta Flight 2071 had some serious mechanical problems. This leads to a bigger issue between me and the airline.

Since the begining of the year, I have been delayed or cancelled on 6 out of 11 of my domestic Delta flights. That's a .545 winning percentage which certainly makes the playoffs in the NL West. The delays ranged anywhere from 30 minutes between Salt Lake City and LA to 7 hours between Atlanta and Philadelphia, the two throwback jersey capitals of the free world. The best part of these delays is the many hours sipping lemonade and having snack mixes in the Crown Room.

Contrast this with my International Delta flights and flights on its carriers, Air France and El Al. Not once was I delayed in the past 18 months. What can this be attributed to?? America is apparently the land of the consumer, so that can't be it. Perhaps part of my streak of delays comes purely from bad luck. That would be pretty unlucky.

I consider myself a pretty even temperred guy, so I take the delays in stride and actually gain some enjoyment from them. There are not many things that bring me more joy than fat Americans yelling at employees like its their fault that there's a thunderstorm in Cleveland.

Here's to you blog: May this be a long voyage into the sea of blogging.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home